Alaric Lorbantia (Greil Ravenholt)
Paladin weilding a huge magical blade. Was secretly the exiled son of King Mageta Lorbantia.
- Younger son of King Mageta Lorbantia. Older son is Crown Heir Saris Lorbantia.
- When Luma went to war with Terra, the people out of dissent and fear lost faith in the royalties ability to govern a country as well as protect them from one of the largest military forces in the world.
- Against his father’s wishes Alaric went out to fight in the front lines.
- The Sunder War:
- Alaric Lorbantia became a Crusader fighting in the name of Heironeous and with his prowess of fighting quickly moves up the ranks to become 1st lieutenant.
- 1st lieutenant Alaric Lorbantia becomes acting captain Alaric Lorbantia when captain Jeran is killed by catapult from a trebuchet.
- General Greil Ravenholt who commanded the army (and a long time personal friend to the crown) was afflicted by an cursed blade that left him diseased. Alaric impassioned with hatred at the loss of his mentor and spiteful of the Luman’s dishonor of the use of poison and curses drove him to take command of the front lines and push to an almost hopeless victory at Battle at Ulmean Fjord. This was one of the next few decisive victories for the Terrans that ended the war.
- Coming back as a war hero unified the country and restored the faith of the people and from that people began to question why their next leader shouldn’t be the prince that protected the people.
- Saris becomes displeased with the popularity Alaric has obtained with the hearts and minds of the people and grows increasingly more fearful of his hold on the heir to the throne as Mageta sees more of himself in Alaric as a potential great leader.
- Saris calculates his move to ensure the dishonor of his younger brother.
- At the celebratory feast for the return of Alaric with all the dukes and duchesses of the region Saris begins his speech in honor of Alaric “I would be moved to say my younger brother is strong, loyal, honest and above all else honorable… but that is far from reality…”
- Saris pulls up forged documents of Alaric sending letters to unnamed neutral “friends” in Luman territory to evacuate because he will start a war between both countries to increase his fame and power.
- Saris pulls in Luman prisoners of war & petty soldiers of the Terran army who recant false stories to all in the room of travesties Alaric has personally performed upon them: Murder of children, Rape, & Cruelty. (They were offered freedom for spreading lies of him which
- Saris also claimed that Alaric came up to him asking to plan the murder Mageta to seize the crown as soon as possible from the feeble man. Saris also called upon many royal counselors who then exclaimed that they were told the same.
- Mageta asked Alaric if he had anything in retort & Alaric responded to the room “What can I say against such allegations from so many ‘credible’ and ‘honorable’ patrons. If I say that I done none of what was slandered against me today who in this room will believe me. Raise your hand.” Nobody in the room did and the King torn by his feelings could not do so. Alaric then concluded “Then it seems the people have made the decision for me. It does not matter what I say”
- Saris asked Mageta “What should I do with him” The King responded “What you see fit, you are the crown heir” and left the room.
- Saris concluded this stating “Petty traitors should be executed but for a prince a harsher sentence would be for you to scrape and serve. Alaric Hildar Von Lorbantia, you are hereby exiled from Terra and if caught on our pure soil you will be executed on sight. You have a three days head start, make use of it.”
- Alaric walked out of the room with dignity despite being spit upon, punched, and kicked. He grabbed bare essentials: some coin, his royal full plate, and his sword of the Barbarian King that his father gave to Alaric.
- Alaric tried to get as fast as he could away from Terra but the thought of leaving his homeland tore him apart. He spent the last night of his three day immunity at the Red Unicorn Inn only to meet his mentor Greil Ravenholt drunk and bleeding from various different orifices.
- Alaric asked Greil why he did not get treatment and Greil responded that they did not know of what curse or disease ails him and that Saris feared that it was the Plague and to never come near the castle or the capital again.
- Greil told Alaric he heard everything and told him that Saris is a danger to the entire country and that Alaric could not leave without saving the country again but this time from his brother.
- Alaric said he was not up to that challenge but Greil reminded him who Alaric was and that there were no others to save the land Alaric loves so much from an incoming tyrant.
- Alaric said that he was to be executed on sight after morrow and Greil told him to meet him outside because he had an idea. When Alaric met him outside, Greil handed him papers, and his medals from previous wars and told him that from now on that Alaric is no more, and that he would continue now on as Greil.
- Alaric asked what of him then, and Greil responded “Im dying, drunk and homeless. I already have no identity. If you are to meet my daughter that her father died with honor fighting in the war alongside the one true prince of Terra.” And with it the wretch formerly known as Greil stumbled off into the forest with a full flagon in hand.